- make information available to you in a clear and compelling way.
- are available to answer your questions and get to know you more.
- respond to your inquiries in a timely manner with care and consideration
- are curious about Companions but you may not have heard of InnerCHANGE.
- have come along to an event where we were featured, or you’ve met one of our members.
- have visited the website and signed up to be on the mailing list.
- make sure you’re made aware of Companions events, activities and networks in your area.
- communicate with you when we’re visiting nearby.
- work to connect you to other Companions, regionally or virtually, for your mutual benefit.
- invite you to greater levels of participation with Companions as your time and availability allow.
- share access to our available network of people, resources and expertise.
- may have been part of InnerCHANGE in the past, or are considering serving with InnerCHANGE in the future.
- may be related to a current IC member, or live in close proximity to one of our teams.
- agree to meet up with other Companions in formal and informal settings.
- are actively engaged in direct or indirect work with people facing poverty in your immediate area; or you use your resources to enable that work in other locations.
- receive updates from InnerCHANGE Companions and regularly join in as and when you are able.
have filled out this Discovery Questionnaire to signal your interest in Companions.
- commit ourselves to your ongoing formation and development needs, offering resources, input, expertise and accompaniment as we’re able.
- consult with you to help you accomplish your direct and indirect involvement among people and places facing poverty.
- keep you connected and informed so that you can stay engaged in the Companions network.
- work together with you to keep you and the broader Companions network equipped and inspired.
- remain open and honest about the organizational health and needs of Companions so that you can trust the network you’ve committed to.
- invite you into greater collaboration and commitment as your time and availability allows, ensuring that leadership and influence are shared and accessible to all Companions members.
- have completed a Companion Application as a means of signaling your commitment to InnerCHANGE Companions.
- are committed to a journey of faith towards Jesus and his people.
- willingly offer your time, talent and treasure to InnerCHANGE Companions as part of your own growth and development.
- commit to praying for the work of InnerCHANGE and IC Companions worldwide.
- actively engage in learning and resourcing fellow Companions locally and virtually, as your time allows.
- connect other people in your networks to InnerCHANGE Companions through your advocacy, involvement, and participation.
- renew your commitment to Companions annually through a process of shared discernment and mutual affirmation with the community.
Ready to join Companions?
- Tell us that you’re interested by filling out the Discovery Questionnaire (if you haven't done so already!).
- We’ll get back to you with information about how you can get to know us better and/or we’ll send you an Application to complete.
- In the Application, we’ll want to hear more about your heart for the poor and why you want to join Companions. We’ll follow up with a conversation. And we’ll contact a couple references who know you well.
- If Companions appears to be a good fit with what God is doing in your life, we’ll come up together with a plan for your involvement. We’ll also review with you the InnerCHANGE Companions Agreement. This will include your consideration of your giving commitment.
- Once you’re ready to embrace the Companions Agreement and your formation plan is in place, we’ll introduce and induct you at our next local or national Gathering.
A special note for former InnerCHANGE members...
We’re so glad that you’re considering joining Companions. Although we still want you to fill out the Application, the process will be facilitated by the fact that we already know you. Or at least some of us know you. That’s actually why we need your Application -- so the people with whom you will be interacting can be brought up to speed about who you are, and so we can work out a good plan for your involvement.
What if I’m not ready to join, but want to get to know InnerCHANGE better?
Fill out our contact form, and we’ll be in touch with you.